Friday, November 7, 2008

Proposition 8 Passed!!

I'm so grateful that the majority of residences that voted in California voted Yes on Proposition 8. There is so much to say on this but so much has been said I really don't know where to begin. I feel the main problem of this not passing would have been the religious rights of others. The Anti-Prop 8 people say other wise but we have seen it already happening. We have seen a religious leader sued because he doesn't believe in Gay marriage. We have seen schools teach of the morality of Gay marriage in schools where the parents don't have to be notified. We have seen doctors sued because they refuse to perform IVF on a lesbian. Now I have no problem with the hospital visitation for a partner and actually think that hospitals are ridiculous of having "only family" visiting rules. If the patient is an adult they can chose who can visit or if they have a partner they should be able to visit. I do believe that no one should refuse to hire someone that is gay. It will be interesting to see where all of this goes.

1 comment: